Mentor Application & Information
TALK ABOUT A POWER LUNCH
Take Stock in Children pairs good students who have the odds stacked against them with mentors who provide the support, encouragement, and guidance they need to succeed in school. As a mentor, you'll spend just one half hour a week with your student - at a time as convenient as your lunch break. From that half hour, you'll make a difference that lasts a lifetime.
Our selected students sign a pledge of commitment to keep their grades up, stay away from drugs and crime, attend school regularly, meet with their mentor, and focus on achieving high school graduation and being college-ready. If they meet these requirements, they earn a college scholarship.
As a mentor, you'll be partnering with a non-profit organization that's behind you all the way!
CAN YOU BE THE ONE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Apply today to become a Take Stock Manatee Mentor. Here's How:
1. Download the Mentor Application below.
2. Complete the application and return it to Susan@TakeStockManatee.org or to Take Stock Manatee, 2501 63rd Ave E, Bradenton FL 34203.
3. You will be contacted to schedule your mentor training and fingerprinting (required of all new mentors).
4. Attend a 1-2 hour training session (one scheduled per month).
5. You will be matched with a student as soon as possible.